The newsletter is sent by e-mail to NDE families and includes details of upcoming PTA, school, and community events. A copy of the archived newsletters can be found here.
May is bike month at NDE! There are fun biking activities planned for every Wednesday in May.
Every child that walks or bikes to school and scans in on Wednesdays in May will receive a raffle ticket! Contact Michelle Livingston for more information about signing up your child to scan in our Active4Me program.
Wednesday Events (Updated)
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Bike Rodeo. Please complete a release form in order for your student to participate.
- Wednesday, May 10th, 8:00-8:30 a.m. Walk and Bike to School Day- every child that walks or bikes to school will receive a treat and a raffle ticket. There will be many awesome prizes!
- Wednesday, May 17th: Most Decorated Bike Contest Students are encouraged to decorate their bikes at home, and come ready to compete in a competition for the Most Decorated Bike after school on Wed. Some decorating materials will be provided before school that day for those who forgot to decorate at home. Prizes will be awarded to the most creative bikes!
- Wednesday, May 24th: Kidical Mass Bike Ride from NDE to the Farmer’s Market The city of Davis is teaming up with NDE to shut down B St to traffic, so that our group of bikers can take back the streets! We’ll meet in the front of NDE at 5:00 p.m., and bike together to the farmer’s market for a night of bonding with school friends over dinner and fun at the park.
- Wednesday, May 31st: Plan to stay after school to cheer on your favorite teacher in the always-exciting Teacher Bike Race! The PTA will be selling popsicles for $1/each, so don’t forget to bring along a dollar. All money raised will go towards the purchase of a Sno-Cone maker for the school. We plan to buy it in time for the 6th grade carnival!
NDE is again holding a friendly competition with Willet Elementary School to see which school will have the most scans in the month of May. Rumor has it that the winning school will host a very fun event, featuring Principal Roseen and Willett’s principal, Mrs. Perry. Help us win-please walk or bike to school every day in May, and don’t forget to scan!
If you’re interested in helping out, sign up today.
The newsletter is sent by e-mail to NDE families and includes details of upcoming PTA, school, and community events. A copy of the April 17, 2017 newsletter can be found here.
The newsletter is sent by e-mail to NDE families and includes details of upcoming PTA, school, and community events. A copy of the April 10, 2017 newsletter can be found here.
The newsletter is sent by e-mail to NDE families and includes details of upcoming PTA, school, and community events. A copy of the March 20, 2017 newsletter can be found here.
The PTA survey is live and waiting for your input. Please click on the link here to let us know your thoughts about what the PTA does and what it should be doing better. Questions include how you find out about events and what events you’d like to see more of. This is an easy opportunity to let your voice be heard. Please take a few minutes this evening, or perhaps over the weekend, to click on the link and respond to the survey. Your answers will help shape PTA communications and inform programming priorities for next year. As always, feel free to send me an e-mail with any questions, concerns, or comments.